While trekking Mount Everest, the climbers essentially require several specialized gears and supplies. To know more about it, kindly check the following list. Although this list is not comprehensive, it will certainly give you an idea of the number of equipments required.
Often clipped to the trekking boots, the step-in glacier crampons are quite essential. Hence, climbers should always carry spares for emergency like in case they are damaged. The other important required tools while trekking include:
- Alpine climbing harness to fit over all of the clothes
- Three locking and three stationary carabiners
- Glacier rope, a belay device and prussiks
- One right and one left ascender
- An ice ax with a leash designed for glacier axes that helps to cross the Lhotse Face and climb to the summit.
Layering is very essential in choosing clothing. As there is a lot of variation in temperature between camps, the climbers may require some very important clothes, including:
- Lightweight and expedition-weight underwear
- A fleece or synthetic zip-up jacket, a Gore-Tex shell jacket with a hood.
- An expedition-weight down parka.
- Total of four different pairs of gloves, including: light synthetic gloves to fit inside the others, expedition-weight fleece gloves, waterproof gloves and
- Windproof synthetic insulated pants, down pants and a pair of Gore-Tex shell pants with full-separating side-zippers.
- Accessories like: glacier glasses with side covers; ski goggles; spare bulbs and batteries; a baseball cap or visor; a wool hat, synthetic bandanas, and both lightweight and heavyweight balaclavas.
Climbers require numerous lightweight hiking and plastic, lined climbing boots that should certainly be large enough to give space to the feet and reduce the risk of frostbite. Along with good quality boots, the climbers also need to buy several pairs of socks such as trekking, wool and liner socks. Besides, they may also need heating pads and wires to keep the boots warm or they can buy insulated overboots.
As far as carrying Electronic Equipment while Mount Everest trekking is concerned, cameras are considered most essential. Other than this walkie-talkies, might also be an interesting option. Some climbers if possible, can also carry electronic equipment such as video cameras, laptops, and satellite phones. Last but the most essential electronic equipment to carry while on this tour includesLithium batteries for long life and function at high altitudes.
There are numerous camp supplies available in the market that climbers should necessarily carry while on their Everest trekking tour. Check the following list of camp supplies and make surethat you have all among these.
- Two good-quality down sleeping bags, which should certainly have expedition-quality and also rated to at least 20 C and 40 C below zero.
- Two self-inflating pads and one thermal pad per camp or in the case of some camps double the pads.
- Multiple tents, including - larger tent for Base Camp and smaller, lighter, high-quality ones for higher elevations.
- A compass or small GPS unit - This effectively help climbers to find the summit.
- Two or three light pots with lids, plastic mugs, a thermos, a spoon and knife, some potholder for cooking and eating.
- A bunch of matches and good quality lighters for heating and cooking.
- Chemical water purifier to reduce the amount of fuel required.
- Two plastic water bottles in addition to a wide mouthed bottle for urination
- Large duffel bags for transporting your gear.
- Sunscreen, lip balm and a small personal first aid kit.